...STIR AFLAME, THE GIFT OF GOD...
Ignite are proud to be partnering with Aflame, a youth initiative based in Kenya. Below are some details which they have sent us to share with yourselves.
WHO ARE AFLAME?
Aflame Youth Fellowship are a group of young people dedicated to the Lord Jesus Christ. They aim to provide a caring environment for young people, seek to share the love and word of God with others using their God given talents and abilities. The driving force is the biblical passage taken from 2 Timothy 1:6:
...stir a flame the gift of God which is in you
WHAT DO AFLAME DO?
Bible Study, Fellowship, Mimes/Drama, Hikes, Dances, Singing, Camps, Picnics, Labyrynth, Team-building, Drama and much more...
Aflame often carry out missions to schools and churches where the DDM missions groups use drama, mime, dance and music to share the gospel. The missions use the unique talents of each member, like singing, to minister to young people. They also facilitate Bible quizzes for high schools as well as carrying out seminars to the local youth.
WHAT AFLAME BELIEVE
- They believe in God who created the universe and all the living and non-living matters in it. (Psalm 8)
They believe that humanity is created in the image and likeness of God as male and female to have mutual respect and love to each other within the community, irrespective of class, creed, culture, colour differences. Have great care for nature and all creations living and non-living to sustain the ecological purity and balance. (Genesis 1:27)
- They believe that the childhood and teen years are God's most blessed gift to the human race, to expect great things from God and to attempt great things for God and humanity. (1 Timothy 4:12)
- They believe that the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, without error in the original documents, fully trustworthy, and the final authority in all matters of Christian faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- They recognize the significance of the young believers in creating new friendships and mutual understanding for preparing ourselves to propagate and practice the self-negating life of Jesus Christ, Son of God for the salvation of all men and women all over the world. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- They commit themselves to be led by the Holy Spirit in transforming the world from evil to good, dark to light, death to life, violence to peace, hatred to love, and fear to hope. (Galatians 5:18-23)
The Aflame family usually hold their meetings each Sunday afternoon during school term. They usually meet at Parklands Baptist Church from 2-5pm, this is usually after the third service. They meet during school term simply because the main target group they reach out to are the children and high school age.
HOW TO CONTACT AFLAME...
Phone: (Kenya) 0721 - 404016 PETER OPOLO